Extended Learning

Home : Running-Start : How to get started

How to get started 

1. Contact the SCC center you want to attend and complete an application for admission ($25).
2. Take a placement test ($30) at the SCC center to see if you qualify for Running Start.
3. Meet with your high school counselor and complete an Enrollment Verification Form to determine how many tuition-free credits you are allowed. Private and homeschooled students must have the form signed by a representative at their resident public school district office. 
4. Attend a college orientation at the SCC center. 
5. Meet with a counselor at the SCC center prior to registration.
6. Register for classes and buy books.